I think since around June ... Popo has been visiting hospital in & out until now.
Well, she's in hospital now.
She never been so sick like this before...
This is making everyone in the family very very upset & worried.
Popo has been a very very independent woman I've ever seen.
She alone, raised up 5 children all these while. (is not that my grandpa in heaven never done anything before. Just that in his whole life, he has been working in oversea.)
FYI, I'm the ONLY granddaughter she has in her whole life.
So she very sayang me among the cousins.
Of course she equally sayang all her grand children.
The reason why I said she's a very independent woman as I remember there was once, we were all crossing the road...and you know lah... normally will hold the eldest' hand to cross the road just to make sure she's safe. AND SHE ACTUALLY FELT OFFENDED WHEN I HOLD HER HAND... *smiling* she said "NO NEED".... that is my POPO!!!
And me & my 2nd bro always like to manja & kacau her ... then she will get annoyed but laugh... hahahaha... she's so cute!!
Last Saturday, she admitted to hospital again. :(
This time round, doctor said she is diagnosed with stomach cancer!
*am actually tearing now*
When her 5 children gathered and informed her about it.
Mum told me that when she heard about the word "CANCER" ... She actually got shocked for a bit & she teared a bit... (this is really bothering me the most)
I think in her whole life, she never thought that she will get cancer as she has been living in a FUKING healthy lifestyle.
She doesn't smokes.
She doesn't drink.
She wakes every morning and go for exercise.
She joins MCA woman's line dancing class.
She cycles to market.
She goes to church every Sunday.
Eventho she is 75++ this year .. BUT SHE STILL LOOKS YOUNG!!
(I remember last time when my mum, my aunt, popo & I went out together, people will always said my mum & popo is sister.)
Looking at her lying on the hospital's bed...
I somehow feel that she is very annoyed & upset that she is ill yet she cant do much about it.
Today, she's gonna consult another doctor on what treatments she need.
Let's pray to God,
Dear Jesus,
I am now praying for my popo who is currently diagnosed with stomach cancer.
Almighty Lord, we know that you always have plan for your children on earth in Christ.
I do not want to ask much from you but there are 2 things I'm now asking upon YOU.
If it is your plan to take popo, by all means and comfort the families. But make sure every of her children & grand children is gather around her before she leaves.
If it is not the time yet, I beg you not to let her suffer too much through out the treatment.
She needs your strength & love on her in this battle. Let her feel your support all the way.
In the name of Jesus I prayed, Amen!
p/s: I never thought of she will become like this and in my mind, she's gonna be blessed that she can live until see her only granddaughter get married. Which there was one day she asked me this question before:
Popo: How old are you already, ah xin?
Me: 27 lo...
Popo: Wah... 3 more years gonna be 30 already wor... it's time to get married liao...
Me: Po! don't play play ler...


Very very sorry to hear this. I hope that you and your family will have the courage to face it and be strong for your popo. Spend more time with her and encourage her to think positive.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, get several doctor's opinion before deciding on the best course of action. Your popo is not young so any type of treatment will not be good for her. Try to minimise her pain if possible.
Hope everything will turn out ok for you. Take good care of yourself and your family too.